GoonIT ISIM Mail Verification Extension
The only reliable way to validate a users email address is to send a challenge/response authentication to the email address that has been entered. This is common best practice in any Registration process and should also be applied when a user/administrator performs an update on their mail address.
The video below should be viewed in full screen: -
The GoonIT Mail Verification extension can be placed at the beginning of your workflow. There is no need for any script nodes as the extension evaluates the changes being made and only requests verification if an amended email address is detected.
We have carefully designed our solution to be as robust and secure as possible:-
- URL contains AES encrypted token to detect random requests.
- Extension logs failed requests.
- Thresholds for maximum number/age of pending verifications can be set. Oldest request will be expired.
- Extension notifies administrator by mail and log file when threshold reached.
The cost and risk in customer's developing this solution for themselves often means it is not even attempted. At GoonIT we have the expertise to provide these solutions at low cost:-
- Meets fundamental business requirement.
- Reduces cost/risk versus developing in-house.
- Fully documented and supported.
- Easy to implement and configure.
- Customisable email template supporting plaintext and HTML.
The only way to perform this within ISIM is by custom development. We have created a solution for Email Address Verification which consists of an ISIM Workflow Extension and J2EE application which perform the following functions:-
- Detects the email address has been updated.
- Creates a templated email containing a unique url for the user to securely confirm the address.
- Sends the email and leaves the workflow process pending confirmation.
- The user on receiving the email clicks on the verification url and is taken to the J2EE application.
- The application verifies the secret url and updates the workflow process which continues.
- The user is redirected to a configurable success page.